Now a days there are a lots of compression is going on for different kind of Integration tool. Here I am providing some information about BizTalk and MuleSoft. Both are popular and have a lots of confusion on choosing the tool for Integration.
• BizTalk is the Integration tool developed by Microsoft
• BizTalk provides the base services to do powerful application integration across disparate systems and even organizations. Microsoft BizTalk Server is an application server that enables companies to integrate and manage automated business processes by exchanging business documents, within or across organizational boundaries
• With more than 15,000 enterprise customers world-wide and more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100 companies using it. We can safely conclude that it is a very successful product.
• Microsoft BizTalk Server provides a development and execution environment that orchestrates business processes, both within and between businesses.
• Solutions can be developed really fast with BizTalk Server. Effort spent will be less.
• BizTalk is designed to operate in Multi Server Environment. We can run the application on various servers to manage load and highly Availability.
• It can be used to communicate with wide range of Legacy Applications. There is always a scope to develop custom
• MuleSoft provides companies with a next-generation integration platform (Mule ESB & CloudHub) for connecting all their systems (SaaS and enterprise apps) both in the cloud and on-premise.
• Mules ESB is a Java-hosted enterprise service bus (ESB) and an integration solution that allows developers to seamlessly connect their existing apps and easily exchange information across the web.
• The architecture is a scalable, distributable object broker that can handle interactions across legacy systems, in-house applications, and almost all modern transports and protocols.
• It enables easy integration of existing systems, regardless of the different technologies that the applications use, including JMS, Web Services, JDBC, HTTP, and more. The ESB can be deployed anywhere, can integrate and orchestrate events in real time or in batch, and has universal connectivity.
• the containers that it provides and its conveniently simple, user-friendly graphics can only streamline developers’ workflow even more
• it supports interaction with other platforms via web or REST services
• it complies with all major connection and data representation standards
• it enables simple and fast APIs exposure
|BizTalk is Microsoft product they |
have a well-established support
mechanism. Getting help from
Microsoft is easier at the moment
|MuleSoft has built Anypoint |
Platform based on Java to be
open and extensible to
services and applications.
MuleSoft support system is
not better than Microsoft BizTalk Support System.
|BizTalk cast is published on |
Internet. It’s not open source. And
it is more reliable product in terms of integrating legacy applications
|MuleSoft provides the open |
source ESB. The source code of
their core technology is available
for customers and prospects to
view and troubleshoot.
MuleSoft does not publish its
cost. We need to contact with
MuleSoft team for license.
|BizTalk requires lengthy procedure of setting up of DBs, windows |
admin accounts and so on so forth. BizTalk can only set up on windows, It doesn’t support other operating system
|MuleSoft, is truly lightweight |
product based on Java, as it does
not rely on a database. Starting
with MuleSoft is quite easy and
|BizTalk focuses mainly on Azure on-premise integration and Logic Apps addresses integration needs via Software as a Service (SaaS), |
although it can be customized with connectors for on-premise applications, LOB, etc.
|MuleSoft provides the |
industry-leading iPaaS (integration platform as a service) solution,
CloudHub. With CloudHub you
have complete feature symmetry
with on-premises Mule ESB
|Rest,JSON,&Api Management, BizTalk starts support fully from BizTalk 2013 version. Before that It was |
customization for REST
|MuleSoft has the edge with its work on API management & RESTful |
API Modeling Language (RAML)
|For SWIFT, HL7, & Legacy Systems BizTalk has higher no. of adapters |
and accelerators available
|MuleSoft mainly focus on Cloud |
and SaaS. It doesn’t have as much
capability as BizTalk has for
Legacy, HL7 and swift connectors
|BizTalk has Business Rule Engine, Business Activity Monitoring, and |
support Long running transaction
|MuleSoft will need custom |
development for Long running
transactions and MuleSoft uses
Drools for Business Rule Engine
|For EDI, X12, & EDIFact, BizTalk has better support for these format||MuleSoft Supports also|
Best Fit Scenario for BizTalk:
• When there is require to integrate lots of Legacy System
• Very high traffic between systems
• Enterprise system like ERP, traditional CRM
• Have to deal with EDI/X12 etc.
• Complex business rules in existing code for .NET
• BizTalk is very easy to integrate if the development is mainly on the Microsoft software family.
• When organization has more .NET team and use Microsoft product because BizTalk requires visual Studio and SQL Server
• BizTalk resources are available easily in market rather than other Integration tool resources
Best fit Scenario for MuleSoft:
• Smaller initial investment, low traffic use
• Mostly Salesforce or Cloud or Mobile integrations
• Complex business rules in existing code for Java
• Organization has java team