When we start working on itinerary then most of time we struggle with how to do development of ESB Itinerary and search out several blogs or website.
But we forgot that when ESB toolkit installs on BizTalk Server then Microsoft also provides several samples of How to use ESB itinerary in different conditions.
At C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit location one ESBSource zip file is available.
You need to extract the zip file under C:\Projects folder, if not available then create this folder. And at below location you can get sample project GlobalBank.ESB.Samples.Itinerary at C:\Projects\ESBSource\Source\Samples\Itinerary location.
In this project there are defined several kinds of ESB Itinerary sample scenario. You can take help of this project to build or create new itinerary.
ESB Tracking Log:
When we are developing ESB Itinerary, then sometimes we are not able to reach out where exception occur in Itinerary. Debugview tool is provided by below website. You can download this tool and run that to get ESB log to track the ESB Itinerary Steps.
Also you need to do small addition in machine config file as below:
- openC:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\CONFIG\machine.config for 32-bit
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\CONFIG\machine.config for 64-bit
- Locate the line with the closing configSections tag.
- Under that line paste the following section:
<add name=”BizTalkESBToolkit” value=”4″/>
4. Save and close machine.config.
5. In DebugView, on the Capture menu, click Capture Global Win32 to make sure that it is checked.
6. Restart the BizTalk host instances.
Below are some links where you can get more information about Itinerary details:
ESB With WCF-SQL:
ESB For multiple Subscriber: