I need to drop a sample Xml message in a folder location.
Sample Input Xml message:
My BizTalk orchestration should receive the message and do below validations
If Appraisal Score = 5, then Assign Grade = ‘A’
If Appraisal Score = 4, then Assign Grade = ‘B’
If Appraisal Score = 3, then Assign Grade = ‘C’
Final Output should be sent to a folder location.
Sample Output Xml message:
- Go to Start Menu–>Open Visual Studio
- Click on FILE menu–>New–>Project
3. Below window will be appeared and you need to provide the details for
Name: <<Name of the BizTalk Application>>
Location: <<Where you want to save the app in hard disk>>
Solution name: <<Name of the solution>>
Note: One solution might have different BizTalk projects.
4. Once you click on ‘OK’ button, below screen will be appeared under Solution Explorer.
5. Right Click on the project name “SampleBTApp”–>Add–>NewItem
6. Select Schema and provide the Schema name (Example: AppraisalInputSchema.xsd)
7. Once you click on “Add”, below screen will be appeared.
8. Rename the “Root” record to some meaningful name like “AppraisalInput”
9. Right click on AppraisalInput–>InsertSchemaNode–>ChildFieldElement
10. Once you click on “Child Field Element” below screen will be appeared.
11. Rename the “Field” to “EmpNo”. Similarly create two more fields “EmpName” and “AppraisalScore”.
12. Solution Explorer should look like below.
13. Using above steps, we need to create one more schema “AppraisalOutputSchema” with fields “EmpNo”, “EmpName”, “AppraisalScore” and “Grade”.
14. Solution Explorer should look like below.
15. Save the BizTalk application.
16. So far, we have created two schemas. Now we need to create a Map to derive the Grade of the employee based on some conditions.
17. Right click on BizTalk Application–>Add–>New Item–>Select “Map Files”–>Click on “Map” and provide the MapName
18. You can see three panels, left side panel is to specify Source Schema, right side panel is to specify destination schema and middle panel is to provide mapping details.
Click on “Open Source Schema” link and select Source schema “AppraisalInputSchema” like below.
19. Click on “Open Destination Schema” link and select Destination schema “AppraisalOutputSchema”. You can see the below screen.
20. Now we need to provide the mappings, Hold the mouse left button and drag the lines like below.
21. Now we need to provide the logic for Grade field of destination schema. Hold the mouse left button and drag the “Scripting” functoid from Toolbox to Map panel. Also provide the mapping like below.
22. Double click on Scripting functoid–>Choose middle tab (Script functoid Configuration) and select “Inline C#” from drop down list and provide the code like below.
public string Grade(string param1)
string GradeVal = string.Empty;
if (param1 == Convert.ToString(5))
GradeVal = “A”;
else if (param1 == Convert.ToString(4))
GradeVal = “B”;
else if (param1 == Convert.ToString(3))
GradeVal = “C”;
23. Click on “OK” button and Save the application.
24. So far, we have created two schemas and one map, now we need to create an orchestration.
25. Solution explorer should look like below.
26. Right click on BizTalk application “SampleBTApp”–>Add–>New Item–>Orchestration Files–>Select “BizTalk Orchestration” and provide the name (EmpGradeOrch) for the Orchestration.
27. Once you click on “Add”, you would see empty orchestration screen like below.
28. You need to place required orchestration shapes in between green and red colour buttons. Below is the list of shapes available in BizTalk orchestration. If you want to add any shape, just right click on the windowàInsert ShapeàChoose required Shape.
29. Orchestration receives the message through “Receive” Shape. So, we need to choose “Receive” shape and provide couple of properties for the shape.
30. If we want to go to properties windows, click “F4” key in keyboard or right click on “Receive“ shape and select “Properties Window”, then properties window appears like below.
31. Here you need to specify below properties
- Activate: We need to specify the property as “True”, this property creates instance of the orchestration and this is mandatory for orchestration first receive shape. (Mandatory)
- Description: To provide some description about the shape (Optional)
- Following Correlation Set & Initializing Correlation Set: While using correlations, you need to specify this property (Optional)
- Message: Need to specify the message type (Mandatory)
- Name: To specify some meaningful name for the Receive shape.
- Operation: Need to choose logical port name here.
32. In BizTalk orchestration, xml messages will be traversed through some message types.
Here we need to create two messages for two schemas (Input and Output).
- Messages should be created in Orchestration view window.
- Right click on Messages–>New Message–> Rename the message name to “InputMsg”
- Right click on “InputMsg”–>Select “PropertiesWindow”
- Click on “Message Type” drop down list and Expand “Schemas” and select “AppraisalInputSchema”
Same way create one more message “OutputMsg” and select the schema type as “AppraisalOutputSchema”. After this your orchestration view should look like below.
33. Now we need to create logical ports for both incoming and outgoing messages of the orchestration.
Inbound Logical Port:
- Right click on Port Surface–>Select “New Configured Port”
- Port Configuration Wizard appears and then click on “Next”–>Provide the name of the Port (Port_AppraisalInput)–>Click Next–> Provide PortType Name as “PortType_AppraisalInput”–>Click Next
- Click Next –>Click Finish
Outbound Logical Port:
- Create the Outbound Logical ports using above steps
34. Now we are ready with message types and logical ports. We need to provide these properties to Receive Shape.
35. Go to ReceiveShape properties–>click on Message Drop downlist–>Select InputMsg
Select the Operation as Inbound Logical Port like below.
Now you can see the Orchestration as below.
36. Now we are good with Receive shape properties. Next, we need to apply Map on the Input message received through Receive Shape. We need to use Transform Shape. Insert “Transform” shape under Receive Shape.
37. Transform shape properties–>Message Constructed–>Select “OutputMsg”
38. Double click on Transform shape
39. Select Radio button of “Existing Map” and select Fully Qualified Map Name.
40. Now we need to set Source and Destination messages.
41. So, far we have received Input message through “receive” shape and applied map on using “Tranform” shape. Now we need to send the constructed output message to Message box using Logical Outbound Port. Insert “Send” shape after Transform shape in the Orchestration.
42. Goto SendPort properties and provide Message as “OutputMsg” and choose Operation as Outbound logical port.
43. Now you can see final Orchestration window as below.
44. Now we are ready with Orchestration. Next, we need set few properties to the application. Right click on application–>Properties–>Click on Signing–>Select New–>Provide KeyFileName–>OK
45. Now Select Deployment –>Provide Application Name as “SampleBTApp”
46. Now Right click on Application–>Build
47. Right click on BizTalk application–>Deploy
48. Now we are done with development and deploy the application. Next, few settings need to be done in BizTalk admin console.
49. Start–>AllPrograms–>MicrosoftBizTalk Server 2013R2–>Select “BizTalk Server Administration”
50. Expand BizTalk Server Administration–>Expand BizTalk Group–>Expand Applications–>SampleBTApp
51. Need to Create a receive Port.
Right click on ReceivePorts–>New–>One-way Receive Port–>Provide name of the receive port–>Click on Receive Locations–>Click on New–>Provide ReceiveLocation name–>In “Type” dropdownbox, select “FILE” as adapter type–>Click on Configure–>Browse the Receive Folder where you are going to drop input message–> Click on Apply and OK–>Provide Receive pipeline as “XmlReceive”–> Click on Apply&OK
52. Need to Create a Send port
Right click on Send Port–>New–>Static One-Way Send Port–>Provide Port Name–>Type “File” (Adapter)–>click on Configure–>Browse destination folder where you want to see the output message–>Click OK–>Provide Send Pipeline as “PassThruTransmit”–>Click on “Apply&OK”.
53. Double click on Orchestration–>Bindings–> set Host and Bind Logical ports with physical ports for both receive and send.
54. Drop a sample message in Receive location and you can see the output in Destination location.